Do you know an expectant mom who likes to do things the green, all-natural, and organic way? Or, if not, would she like to learn new ways to be a “greener” parent? If so, throwing a green-themed baby shower is a popular new trend that can be both educational and a whole lot of fun! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- The most eco-friendly way to invite shower guests is to use online invitations, like Evite, or print your own using 100% recycled paper.
- Ask guests to bring all-natural and organic baby products and to wrap them in reusable materials, such as baby blankets, towels or cloth diapers.
- Stuff a cute and colorful diaper bag with green-themed gifts for the mom-to-be and be sure to include samples of cloth diapers, diaper covers, and creams.
- Skip the plastic and paper products in favor of reusable alternatives such as cloth napkins, silverware and china.
- Choose eco-friendly favors instead of those that will be thrown away later. One idea is to put a large handful of green M & M’s along with a packet of organic seeds in a small, terra-cotta pot. Print out the words “Grown with Love” on a small piece of card stock and punch a hole in the corner of each card. Hang each card from a decorative ribbon and tie it around each pot. These are super cute and create very little waste!
Do you have other green baby shower ideas? Please submit your ideas below… we’d love to hear from you!