I know that sounds dramatic. Moby Wraps are that awesome though. I really can not stress enough the raddness of the Moby Wrap.
While other kinds of wraps are equally as awesome, the Moby Wrap is the perfect wrap for beginners because its stretchy cotton leaves room for errors. Even if you don’t have the perfect tie, it will work out for you as you learn. Perfecting the “hold” takes a little time, but the Moby Wrap will be there for you, supporting your baby while you learn. Here’s why I think that the Moby Wrap is the greatest product on earth:
- The light material is very comfortable for both mom and baby.
- The design allows for discrete breastfeeding.
- It comes in one size, so you don’t have to worry about getting the right fit with different body sizes and shapes.
- It carries babies from birth to about three years.
- It is machine washable. You can toss it in with just about any other load.
- It is actually comfortable, I’m not just saying that.
- It uses your entire back to support the baby rather than your shoulders.
- It is actually hands free unlike sling carriers.
- It splays the baby’s legs for proper hip and spine development. (Ask your chiropractor.)
With my oldest child, I used a sling, and I sincerely thought it was so awesome. But as it turned out, what I liked about it was that I was carrying my baby. When I owned a brick and mortar natural parenting store, I had countless companies let me try out their baby carriers. Moby Wraps, through it all though were my very best sellers. They kept me in business. These baby carriers are that rad.
I have zero problems telling you that I believe the Moby Wrap is the very best of all baby carriers. I know that’s subjective, but I believe it with my whole heart. If I was in charge of all of your parenting choices, I would decide that you will use a Moby Wrap.
There are a few tricks that make Moby Wrapping easier, and in the video below, I have provided you with detailed instructions. I’m sorry about my weird Michigan accent, but I promise the tricks I offer will make learning to tie the Moby Wrap very easy. If you have any other questions, you can find me on our Community Forum and we can discuss it there with the help of all of our Diaper Parties reps.
Just in case you’re wondering, I don’t work incognito for Moby Wrap. I don’t own stock in Moby Wrap. And the only family association I have with Moby Wrap is that almost all of my family owns at least one. Grandmas and Grandpas included. Everything Birth lets me blog about almost anything I want. This review is completely from the heart. I have no reason in the world to put Moby Wrap up on a pedestal like this, except that I fully believe they belong up there.
We’d love to see pictures of you using your Moby Wrap if you have one, so please post them on our facebook page. And if you DON’T have one, well…. get one. 😉