The parents of the family that stars in the high debated reality show are the topic of even more debates as they released photos from the memorial of the baby that they lost before birth. People are saying they are disgusting photos. They are saying these things should remain private.
Let me preface this whole thing by saying:
- I don’t have cable by choice.
- I have never watched a single episode of the Duggar’s show.
- I think reality TV shows are lame.
- I could care less about how many kids they have, they clearly can support the ones they have better than many Americans can support the one or two children that they might have.
- I wouldn’t want that many kids; that’s why I got my tubes tied.
- I don’t know why any family would want to be in a reality TV show, but I do understand sharing your life with strangers in hopes that you will somehow leave your mark on the world. That’s why I share so much personal information here, on this blog.
- “stop making babies so this doesnt keep happening. be grateful for the children you already have. act civilized.”
This is what the world can learn from the publication of their loss.
Without making any political statement whatsoever, I would like to add that the photos of this child’s beautiful hands and feet can help so many women understand their own losses. These photos can validate to so many of us who have lost a baby that they were real people. Instead of loathing the Duggars for showing us a tiny set of feet and hands, perhaps we should thank them for helping us see what we almost never do.