I understand that there are still some moms (and even pediatricians) who worry about the Belladonna in teething tablets. I’ve had some mothers even send a frantic private message when their baby “accidentally” ate an entire bottle of Hyland’s teething tablets. In reality, I’m sure it was deliberate on the part of the child because they taste so dang good. The only “accident” was leaving the bottle where the baby could reach it.
A Very Costly “Accident”
A bottle of Hyland’s is right around seven bucks. That bottle should last months… That’s seven bucks out the window.
I guess seven dollars isn’t really that much actually… I’m just being a sassy pants. I know the real concern is for safety. Some random know-it-all told you that Belladonna is one of the most toxic substances on earth and Hyland’s teething tablets are dangerous, huh?
Well, fear not. If your child ingests an entire bottle of Hyland’s your baby will be completely fine.
Each Teething Tablet from Hyland’s weighs about 65 mg and contains 0.0000000000003% Belladonna alkaloids. So, in terms of weight, each individual Hyland’s Teething Tablet contains 0.0000000000195 milligrams of Belladonna alkaloids. There are 125 tablets in each bottle of Hyland’s. Which means that an entire bottle contains 0.0000000024375 milligrams of Belladonna alkaloids.
Conventional medicine uses Belladonna alkaloids too. They use around 0.2 mg of Belladonna alkaloids but one dose of. 0.2 mg is not considered toxic. At that does, you may start to see the first signs of side effects such as dry mouth, blurred vision and urinary retention. You start to approach a dangerous level of Belladonna Alkaloids at around .75 mg.
So, let’s pretend that your baby DID ingest an entire bottle of Hyland’s and put it in a visual graph for better comprehension:
Feel better now?
Get some today: