I always tried to find the readers of Everything Birth Blog facts and data from the most original reliable sources I could. Having put down the pen and calculator for a few months to focus on my children, there are a few things that I’ve come to realize that I wanted to share with you.
Most of my lifestyle choices have been made based on factual information I have gathered, but sticking with them as habits has more to do with my opinions on them… the way my choices or beliefs make me feel.
Consider these things…
- Butter tastes richer than margarine.
- The Moon Cup is more comfortable than tampons.
- Glad Rags feel better than Always.
- Fresh juice tastes better than “juice drinks.”
- Cloth diapers feel softer than disposables.
- Nursing is easier than making and cleaning bottles.
- Cane sugar is more satisfying than High Fructose Corn Syrup.
- Natural coloring doesn’t taste like chemicals.
- Sea salt tastes better than iodized table salt or MSG.
- Lavender Essential Oil smells nicer than lavender “parfum.”
- Organic ripe bananas taste like ripe bananas. Non-organic ripe bananas taste like unripe bananas.
- Kids are more likely to eat apple skins when they don’t have wax on them.
- Honey and oregano oil are less stressful to administer than antibiotics with their unforgiving dose schedules.
- Gentle soap doesn’t leave my hands cracked like hand santizer did.
- My kids hate the taste of Tylenol and Motrin anyway.
- Newborn diaper changes are easier when circumcision care isn’t involved.
- Pregnancy with a midwife is less of a hassle than with an OB.
Sure, the data was there to led me towards being a Crunchy Mama. The facts pointed me here. But, now that I’ve stopped thinking about it so much, and have started just enjoying it, in my opinion, my life is just nicer this way.